Facial acupuncture is the natural way of getting botox. I went in for my first session and the results made me a believer in this ancient practice.
My first session was at Helia House a non toxic + clean wellness oasis in North Miami which is chemical free and is owned by Dr. Elizabeth Trattner.
Trattner started my session off by massaging my skin with a gua sha and reading my skin’s health. She noticed inflammation on my left jaw which she said the needles would fix.
Five minutes, later she started inserting the acupuncture needles which are as thin as one strand of hair. Some I felt a slight pinch from and others felt extremely soothing. Each needle is inserted into a point that correlates with different organs in the body so besides treating your face you’re also healing that specific organ.
The relaxation that the needs create is so deep that I actually fell into a meditation until she came back to wake me up. She took a photo of the before and after which shows (see photo below) just day one a significant change. My skin looks brighter, more lifted and the inflammation is gone from my cheek.
Next, it was time for some cupping.
Dr. Trattner customizes everyone’s session depending on their needs. I had a lot of muscle soreness on my shoulders and in just five minutes. The knots were gone, my back felt a huge weight off and I felt overall rejuvenation.
I’d compare cupping to getting the same results from a deep tissue massage but faster and less painful.
I’ve been an avid user of cupping since 2017 and it instantly pulls off any physical pain my body is carrying. I love it. I’ve done fire cupping and without fire. Trattner explained the one sans fire is actually healthier for us because less toxins. (Peep the cute heart cupping marks I got.)
Here are some things cupping is great for:
1. sore muscles
2. neck, shoulder + knee pain.
3. acne + hives
6. high blood pressure
8. gastrointestinal issues + more.
To finish off, my session I also was given really beautiful ear seeds. It’s a type of auriculotherapy that promotes comfort and relaxation. Many people use them to aid with pain, insomnia, anxiety, substance abuse and even depression. They are placed on the outside of your ear over certain acupuncture points.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a place in Miami that can help you achieve your wellness goals and provides a non toxic safe environment, Helia House which means “sun” is your new home.
Some cool facts to know:
1.Helia House is non-toxic, green, sustainable, and contains over 1,000 crystals arranged in grids embedded within and around the walls, rooms, doors, floors, windows, garden and property.
2. Treatment tables are eco and made from recycled material.
3. Wool rugs ethically sourced that animal welfare is paramount certified by the Farm Animal Welfare Council.
4. Low water use toilets, sinks and bathrooms. Water Balance Technology water filtration system used in entire building and grounds.
5.Natural light from 360 degrees of windows throughout minimizes the need for electric lighting.
6.Indoor and Outdoor paint zero VOC, certified LEED 4, Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and Allergy Standards LTD
7. All solid Fir and Poplar Wood used in walls, cabinets, and doors. No pine or other treated wood in the building.
8. The garden has been Xeriscaped for minimal water consumption. Rainwater used to water plants and hedges. All plants are native and grown in South Florida.
9. 6 stage technology that kills viruses, bacteria, and mold within seconds in the air and immediately on surfaces. This same technology is used in surgical rooms and for the prevention of Covid 19 and other viruses.
10. Wool and Mineral insulation that is engineered for thermal and acoustical properties. Certified Greengard Gold, zero formaldehyde, sustainable.
Make your appointment today. HERE